quinta-feira, 7 de agosto de 2014

Miraflores- Lima - Peru



I didn't know what to expect of Lima, I've always wanted to go to Macchu Pichu, but didn't know nothing about lima, I haven't found too much details about the city, but I have decided I would like to visit it, even tough I really appreciate nature and old historical places I also enjoy big cities, specially the capitals or main cities of the coutries I'm visiting. I think it is a good opportunity to meet the locals and to learn how is the life of that people in the modern days and of course expericence their culture, restaurants, parks and all the attractions that a big city can offer to a tourist.


It's 5 hours flight from Sao Paulo to Lima. it didn't seem that far on the map, but it is, the flight was OK, Avianca is a nice flight company, really enjoyed it, I've landed during the morning, and a few minutes later was on my way to my hotel in Miraflores.



During the taxi ride to the hotel, you pass close to cliffs in Lima's shore facing the pacific ocean, the taxi driver told me a story that lot's of people have used these cliffs to commit suicide and just after that we passed a body being covered at the bottom of the cliffs by the police, probably another suicide, but we'll never know for sure.



Circuito de Playas



Besides all that, this region was very nice, even tough the weather was a bit cold and windy, I wouldn't dare to swing, the ocean water seemed a so cold from the distance, the beach doesn't have too much sand must of it is cover by stones and gravel but besides all of this, you could see some surfers looking for a good wave.



Miraflores is really a nice place and neighborhood, well preserved streets, buildings and houses, very tidy, clean and quite calm. 




Just be advised you can find a lot of people on the street trying to sell you some coca leaves, they will try to talk to chat with but at the end of the conversation they will offer you some coca, so it is up to you to buy it or not, it is legal, an they even teach you how to chew it. 

One of the main spots in Miraflores is Parque Central de Miraflores, it is like a small park where people get together, to chat, for a walk or to eat, you can find lots of peruvians, specially students and of course tourists, the place is also sorrounded by restaurants where you can eat Lomo Saltado along with Pisco Sour and a really nice sandwiche in La Lucha Sangucheria, you can also find MacDonalds, Stabucks Coffe, hostel and lan houses. You can also find a few bus tours, just check the destination, buy your ticket and be ready on time for a ride thoughout Miraflores and Lima.

One peculiar thing about Parque Central is the amount of stray cats in the place, the all stay there among people and long as they keep petting them.

Parque Central - Miraflores - Lima - Peru

Parque Central - Miraflores - Lima - Peru
Stray Cats - Parque Central


If you like shopping, you will be in right place also, close to Parque Central you can find Saga Falabella Shopping Mall, it is a huge Mall complex where you can find absolutely everything, from clothes to eletronics, I didn't find the prices that cheap, but is nice to go check the place.

And of Course, another huge buying temple in Lime is Lacomar, that I'm going to talk about in the next post. :D

Hope you enjoyed this post, keep visiting the blog, I'm going to update it quite often.

You can also check my Youtube Channel end watch some of my videos os my trip to Peru and other countries:







Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário